Emotiva BasX A-400z
Price on appointment
The BasX A-400Z is a high-current two-channel audio distribution amplifier with flexible relay-controlled output switching, and the ability to drive up to four pairs of speakers.
Sound Quality First
- Designed first and foremost to sound great in all types of audio systems with all types of music.
- Great sounding Class A/B output stage ensures smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging, without a trace of harshness or strain.
- Low noise, wide bandwidth design lets you hear everything your high definition sources have to offer.
- Totally stable with real world speakers in real systems; not just on a test bench.
Solid Engineering And Quality Construction
- A heavy duty linear power supply with an oversized toroidal power transformer delivers plenty of current to drive even difficult speakers.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout for years of reliable trouble-free service.
- Heavy steel chassis with milled aluminum faceplate offers strength and rugged good looks.
- Double sided FR4 circuit boards with plated-through holes help optimize signal paths and minimize the need for point-to-point wiring.
Flexible Signal Connections and Power Options
- Unbalanced inputs via industry standard RCA connectors accept all standard unbalanced interconnects.
- Heavy duty insulated five-way speaker binding posts allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Remote trigger input and output allow the BasX A-400Z to control and be controlled by other trigger-enabled equipment.
- The BasX A-400Z is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz and will automatically detect and configure itself for the proper line voltage.
Multi-Zone and High Current Capabilities
- A single set of stereo amplifier outputs are routed to up to four separate pairs of stereo speakers, each independently controlled by its own relay and front panel switch.
- Each amplifier channel is stable into loads as low as one Ohm, and is rated to continuously drive loads as low as 2 Ohms, making the A-400Z the ideal amplifier for difficult-to-drive low impedance speakers.
- Audiophile-grade fault protection is entirely transparent under normal listening conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from virtually all common faults.
- A full three-year warranty ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your BasX power amplifier for years to come.
- The BasX A-400Z is a two-channel power amplifier, with very high output current capabilities, specifically designed for use in multi-zone and whole home applications, and with other types of difficult to drive low impedance loads.
- Each individual amplifier channel features a carefully designed, high current, short signal path, Class A/B output stage, with advanced microprocessor-controlled monitoring and protection circuitry.
- The pair of amplifier channels in the A-400Z is used to power up to four pairs of stereo speakers. Each pair of speakers may be individually enabled using via its own independent switching relay and front panel pushbutton. The A-400Z is rated to continuously power any combination of speaker loads whose total parallel impedance adds up to 2 Ohms or more (per channel).
- Power Output (two channels driven; 8 Ohm load): 100 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.2%; into 8 Ohms. 100 watts RMS per channel; at 1 kHz; THD < 0.02%; into 8 Ohms.
- Power Output (two channels driven; 4 Ohm combined load): 150 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.2%; into 4 Ohms. 150 watts RMS per channel; at 1 kHz; THD < 0.02%; into 4 Ohms.
- Power Output (two channels driven; 2 Ohm combined load): 250 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.5%; into 2 Ohms. 250 watts RMS per channel; at 1 kHz; THD < 0.02%; into 2 Ohms.
- Broad Band Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 80 kHz (+ 0 / - 2 dB).
- THD + noise (ref rated power; 1 kHz; 8 Ohms): < 0.02% (A-weighted).
- Signal to Noise Ratio (ref FTC rated power): > 106 dB (A-weighted).
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (per channel) 2 Ohms.
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 500.
- Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 650 mV (0.65V).
- Gain: 32 dB.
Input And Output Connections
- Input Connections: Unbalanced (RCA); one stereo pair.
- Line Level Output Connections: Unbalanced (RCA); one stereo pair.
- Speaker Level Output Connections: Full-size 5-way binding posts (4 sets; individually switched).
- Trigger Input: 5 – 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required. Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- Standby push button (halo ring changes color to indicate Standby or On).
- Zone Enable push buttons (one per speaker pair / zone)
- Status LEDs: one per channel; blue.
Rear Panel Controls
- AC Power Switch; rocker switch (switches AC main power).
- Master Volume; rotary control (controls master gain).
- High-Pass Filter Switch (switches 80 Hz high-pass filter on/off).
- The BasX A-400Z is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.
- Dimensions: 17” wide x 4” high x 19” deep.
- Weight: 27 lbs (unboxed). 38 lbs (boxed).