Emotiva XPA HC-1
Price on appointment
The new XPA HC-1 is a true monoblock power amplifier and features a single high-power XPAGen3 amplifier module, powered by its own dedicated massive switch mode power supply (SMPS). If you’ve been considering our other XPA Gen3 models, but you’ve really got your heart set on monoblocks, then the XPA HC-1 is the amplifier you need to get your hands on.
Sound Quality First
- Monoblock design for perfect channel isolation and exceptional sound quality.
- Designed first and foremost to sound superb in all types of audio systems with all types of music.
- Low noise, low distortion, wideband amplifier design with traditional Class A/B output stage ensures smooth, detailed sound, without a trace of strain or harshness.
- Totally stable with real world speakers in real systems; not just on a test bench.
Modern Efficient Circuit Design
- Optimized Soft-Switch Class H™ power supply topology delivers improved efficiency without compromising audio performance.
- Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS) offers all of the performance of a traditional linear power supply, with improved efficiency and reliability, and reduced overall weight.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout for years of reliable trouble-free service.
- Heavy steel chassis with milled aluminum faceplate offers strength and rugged good looks.
- Solid machined gold-plated RCA input connectors provide a reliable connection with a wide variety of audio interconnects.
- Designed, assembled, and tested in the U.S.A. at our plant here in Franklin, Tennessee.
Flexible Signal Connections and Power Options
- Audiophile quality gold plated five-way speaker binding posts allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Choice of balanced or unbalanced inputs, controlled by a reliable metal toggle switch.
- Remote trigger input and output allow the XPA HC-1 to control and be controlled by other trigger-enabled equipment.
- World compliant AC line voltage operation enables the XPA HC-1 to operate on any line voltage between 100 VAC and 250 VAC 50/60Hz.
- Standard IEC power inlet fits all standard IEC power cables and most custom audiophile power cables.
- Audiophile-grade fault protection is entirely transparent under normal listening
conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from virtually all common faults.
- The XPA HC-1 is protected from AC line faults by a rugged resettable rear panel push-button circuit breaker.
- Full five-year warranty ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your XPA HC-1 monoblocks for years to come.
- The XPA HC-1 is a monoblock audio power amplifier, with a fully discrete, dual
differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B amplifier section, Optimized Class H™ power supply topology, and microprocessor-controlled fault protection.
- The XPA HC-1 is powered by a high efficiency, audiophile grade, Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS).
- The XPA HC-1 features a single High-Powered Single Channel Amplifier Module.
- Power Output: 300 watts RMS; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD <0.1%; 8 Ohms.
600 watts RMS; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD<0.2%; 4 Ohms.
- Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / – 0.1 dB).
- Broad Band Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 80 kHz +0/-2 dB.
- THD + noise: < 0.005%; at 100 watts RMS; 1 kHz; 8 Ohms.
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load): > 120 dB; ref FTC rated power; unbalanced input (A-weighted).
> 95 dB; ref 1 watt; unbalanced input (A-weighted).
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance: 4 Ohms (which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads).
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 500.
- Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 1.7 V.
- Gain: 29 dB.
- Input Impedance:
33k Ohms (balanced).
23.5k Ohms (unbalanced).
Input And Output Connections
- Input Connections:
Unbalanced (RCA); balanced (XLR); independently selectable.
- Speaker Output Connections: Audiophile grade, gold plated, 5-way binding posts.
- Trigger: Trigger Input: 5 – 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.
- Between 100 VAC and 250 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- Standby: push button (halo ring changes color to indicate Standby or On).
- Status LED: one; blue. Status LED changes to red to indicate a fault condition.
Rear Panel Controls
- AC Power switch: rocker switch (switches AC main power).
- Status LED switch: disables front panel Status LED and dims Standby button halo.
- Input selector switch: metal toggle switch; selects between balanced and unbalanced input.
- Circuit Breaker: press button to reset circuit breaker.
- The XPA HC-1 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.
- Dimensions: 8-3/8” wide x 7-5/8” high x 19” deep (unboxed; including feet and connectors).
8-3/8” wide x 7” high x 18” deep (unboxed; without feet).
24-3/4” wide x 12” high x 14-1/2” deep (boxed).
- Weight: 21.5 lbs (unboxed).
28 lbs (boxed).